11.01.2010

Day 1 of 365


So it begins....
~J.R.R. Tolkien

I have been obsessed with quotes as far back as I remember. I’ve always found them inspiring and thought provoking.  I love that a simple statement from a complete stranger can change the way I look at things or affirm that someone feels (or has felt) exactly as I do.
Quotes connect people through their shared experiences, goals, and emotions. They are like words from a friend whispering for you to go on when you feel like quitting, a cheerleader encouraging you to follow a dream, a shoulder when you need empathy, and  sometimes, laughter to help you heal.
Some quotes are from great historians, spoken while inspiring nations or troops, others from celebrities, and many from common, everyday people (like each of us) who knew just what to say at that pivotal moment. No matter who they derived from, the quotes I will share with you have been those that have touched my heart, inspired my soul, or affirmed my journey.
Each day I will include a story of life that has been shared with me that is exemplified by the words of the quote. It is my hope the stories, the people behind them, and the quotes themselves, will move you in some way....letting you know at one time or another, one of us has been where you are.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment